Welcome to SCLA
Vale Nicholas Geoffrey Tucker
It is with profound sadness that Sunshine Coast legal practitioners mark the passing of Nicholas Geoffrey Tucker, barrister, mediator arbitrator, valued colleague and good friend.
Nick was a significant part of the lives of many Sunshine Coast practitioners, particularly those who practice in family law. He was an excellent counsel, who was more often briefed in the most complex family law and child protection matters. His considerable technical and professional skill will be sorely missed by instructing solicitors, and so will theremarkable compassion and empathy which Nick had for his clients.
Nick is remembered affectionately by the junior profession and legal support staff who were always shown respect and kindness by him. He gave generously of his time to assist them and to provide guidance where necessary.
A man of great intellectual ability, Nick also had a strong commitment to social justice . He was actively involved in the areas of environmental advocacy, child welfare, sentencing reform, and mental health and disability advocacy.
Nick's loss will be felt deeply by the profession, legal administrative staff and his clients alike. For a long time to come, many of us will continue to have a sense of unfinished conversations with Nicholas Geoffrey Tucker.
Welcome to the Sunshine Coast Law Association.
The SCLA is an association for barristers and solicitors on the Sunshine Coast.
The objectives of the SCLA are:
- To promote confidence and goodwill between the community and the legal profession;
- To promote confidence and goodwill between the members of the SCLA;
- To promote and protect the interests of the legal profession;
- To promote and protect the interests of the community in relation to the law;
- To co-operate with the Queensland Law Society in all matters relating to the profession.