An association for the legal community
on the Sunshine Coast
SCLA works to achieve the following objectives:
- To promote confidence and goodwill between the community and the legal profession;
- To promote confidence and goodwill between members of the SCLA;
- To promote and protect the interests of the legal profession;
- To promote and protect the interests of the community in relation to the law;
- To co-operate with the Queensland Law Society in all matters relating to the profession.
Whilst supporting all Sunshine Coast lawyers through Continuing Professional Development (CPD), the SCLA is especially committed to developing early career lawyers by strengthening relationships with the University of the Sunshine Coast, both through student involvement and the annual Justin Crosby Memorial bursary dinner. In addition, many different fundraisers and events raise valuable funds for the Sunshine Coast Community Legal Service.
SCLA maintains a strong relationship with the Queensland Law Society, the peak representative body for the legal profession in Queensland, that provides leadership, guidance, and support to its members across all legal categories.